Local Tax Planning and Preparation in Columbia SC
We are a locally owned business that specializes in Federal and State Tax Preparation for Individuals, Partnerships & Corporations. Our tax planning strategies minimize your tax liabilities while remaining compliant with relevant tax legislation.
We know that there is no simple approach to tax planning that can be applied to any individual or business. Our accountants take the time to get to know you. By understanding your priorities and values, we can develop a tax planning strategy that can help you achieve your goals and objectives.
Tax laws are complex and change on a regular basis. It quite common for individuals and businesses to get incorrect information on their tax return. Our CPAs are licensed to assist with your tax preparation, to help you present the most accurate financial information to the IRS.
Problems with the IRS? We can help.
No matter how careful you are about reporting, problems can come up from time to time. As Enrolled Agents, we are authorized to represent you before the IRS. We can act as a liaison on your behalf to negotiate the best possible outcome. There are occasions when individuals or companies may find that they have omitted to file the appropriate tax return or paperwork. Rather than waiting on the IRS to discover the error and impose fines or penalties, we can help you take the initiative and negotiate a settlement. Telephone our office today to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our tax specialists. We can help you keep more of your hard-earned cash in your pocket by minimizing your tax payments.
Personal Tax Saving Strategies
Our accounting firm is trained and experienced in legal strategies that can help you save money, and pay less taxes:
- Grow and preserve assets by keeping Uncle Sam out of your pockets.
- Defer income so you can keep your money now and pay less taxes later.
- Reduce taxes on your income so you keep more of what you make.
- Reduce taxes on your estate so your family keeps more of what you’ve made.
- Reduce taxes on your gifts so you can give more.
- Reduce taxes on your investments so you can grow your wealth faster.
- Reduce taxes on your retirement distributions so you can retire in style.
More Complex Tax Saving Strategies We Use
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities in order to get more of the income taxed in lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another in order to have them fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions and other similar plans.
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.